Partial coefficients of actions

I’m struggling with understanding the partial coefficients of maxima.

In sofiload I’ve defined an action with gamu=1:

+prog sofiload
ACT type 'c' gamu 1 gamf 0 part 'g' sup 'perc' titl 'Creep & Shrinkage' 
ACT type 'c_1' gamu 1 gamf 0 part 'g' sup 'perc' titl 'Creep & Shrinkage - cat 1' 
END

when I later make an envelope in maxima:

+prog Maxima $ C&S
head
CTRL opt 'warn' val 2123
COMB base 7000 type 'c_1' extr 'DESI' no 1 titl 'C&S'
ACT type 'c' ! GAMU 1 <- would apply a factor of 1.00
LC no 5002
LC no 5004
LC no 5006
LC no 5008
LC no 5010
SUPP extr 'mami' etyp 'node' type p,ux,uy,uz titl 'C&S' comb 1
SUPP extr 'mami' etyp 'quad' type m,vx,vy,n titl 'C&S' comb 1
SUPP extr 'mami' etyp 'qnod' type m,vx,vy,n titl 'C&S' comb 1
SUPP extr 'mami' etyp 'qbed' type p,ptx,pty,ptz titl 'C&S' comb 1
END

if I trace this it will apply a factor of 1.35:

I’m able to apply a different factor if I add it to the maxima program, but then what’s the point of having it in the sofiload action definition?

I assume that you also calculate construction stages and that in file …_csmlf.dat factor definition of 5000er load cases is overwritten. So to get what you need simply re-define factors within MAXiMA.

Best regards,
Jost

Ah, I never actually opened that file, but yes, the sofiload action factors are overwritten in this file.

Then I have a few observations/questions:

  1. If you run maxima programs, that makes assigning factors in sofiload actions moot, since they’re overwritten anyway?
  2. Is it possible to suppress the creation of $(NAME)_csmlf.dat?
  3. Is it possible to modify the factors inside $(NAME)_csmlf.dat?

I try to answer:

  1. If you run maxima programs, that makes assigning factors in sofiload actions moot, since they’re overwritten anyway?
    => Yes. Factors for actions that are defined in CSM with CS… TYPE… are crated automtically.

  2. Is it possible to suppress the creation of $(NAME)_csmlf.dat?
    => No. But you can decide not to use the created file. The calculation is started with +apply …_csm.dat and you can simply delete or deactivate this file

  3. Is it possible to modify the factors inside $(NAME)_csmlf.dat?
    => I’m not sure… But you can re-define them in a PROG SOFiLOAD after calculation of the construction stage history.

Take a look also CTRL GAMC… command in CSM module.
Maybe that would help.

thank you very much, this seems to solve my issue! And I’m able to control the factors in maxima afterwards as well.