Number of load cases in Dyna

Hello everyone.
I am making a modal analysis with a lot of dynamic loads. The issue is If I a need a load case number bigger than 10000, the prog dyna returns an error. I was wondering if possible to make bigger this limit may be modifying some parameter or something like this. Please if anyone know how to do that I would really appreciate the support.

Feel free to ask me whatever you want.

Regards.

Hello Javier

Could you please show me the error message, and/or upload your project files?
Until now I have never tried to use more than 10,000 load cases for a modal analysis in dyna.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hello Javier, Hello Mr. Höller,

I would be interested if you found a solution to this problem (“issues when having load case numbers bigger than 10.000) as I’m facing a similar problem.

I generated load cases in ‘sofiload’ (number of load cases > 10.000), calculated them in ‘ase’ and then I wanted to get results for cross section in ‘sir’. In the last step, I got an error message. This is probably because I too have more than 10.000 load cases.

Maybe you have already found a solution for this problem …

Best regards,

Thibault

Hello Thibault

As far as I know it should be possible to use more than 10.000 loadcases in DYNA or ASE. But I heard of a problem with a loop of more than 9.999 repetitions. Perhaps this could be a reason for your problem?

If not, could you please show me the error message?

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hello, Thibault and Mr Höller
sorry I had not read the previous answers.
I have not found any solution yet.

Regards,
Javier Sanchez.