Modelling of an under-deck cable-stayed bridge

How i can model this connection between cables and struts using Sofistik for ( Intradosed bridges or under deck cable stayed bridges ) .

Note : Friction losses between cables and struts important.

and how i can model this cables ( tendon element or cable element or frame element with strain load ) .

thanks

Hello

You have various options for modelling the cables. The best two options are cables or tendons. We have a suitable example for both elements in the TEDDY.

TEDDY > File > Examples > ASE > english > bridge > extern_prestress_cable.dat
TEDDY > File > Examples > ASE > english > bridge > extern_prestress_tendon.dat

In order to consider a moving cable - struts connection, you should work with cable elements. Please have a look at the two examples:

TEDDY > File > Examples > ASE > english > kinematic > slip_cable.dat
TEDDY > File > Examples > ASE > english > kinematic > slip_cable_mue.dat

The second example takes the friction between the cable and the struts into account.
Please keep in mind that the friction can only be applied in a non-linear analysis. If you define SLIP MUE 0 (no friction), you can work with a linear analysis.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Thank you very much.
Is it possible to give me a simple example with clear steps that explains this to me?
I am a new user of the program.
Thank you very much for your help.

I showed you four examples. Please have a look at them. If they are too complex, you should start with an easier example. All of our TEDDY examples are listed within the TEDDY.

TEDDY > File > Examples

If you are completely new to SOFiSTiK you should start with a SSD project. A good beginner Tutorial is our bridge design online training on YouTube.

thank you.
the teddy file you recommended
TEDDY > File > Examples > ASE > english > kinematic > slip_cable_mue.dat.
i don’t find this teddy file
can you send this file
Sofistik

Here:
slip_cable_mue.dat (1.6 KB)

Are you using the latest version of sofistik?

Sofistik 2016

Then that’s probably why.
You should be using 2020 (or wait another month or two and jump right to 2022 when they release it)

thank you

That’s because the example file I uploaded is made for version 2020.

Commands get updated and some functionality might not be available in old versions.

Update you sofistik installation.

Thank you very much for your effort

good morning.
Can you help me on this point?
i have opened the teddy file you recommended
TEDDY > File > Examples > ASE > english > kinematic > slip_cable_mue.dat
but i don’t know how i can benefit from this model to model this connection , i want to extract from this model how the cables modeled with friction and slip to apply this idea to the ( cable - strut connection ).
i can model the strut as fame element and the cable as cable element , but my problem how i can model the element between the cables and strut to consider the friction and slip of cables to be able to calculate the prestressing losses correctly.
thank you.
Sofistik 1.PNG