Meshes from SofimshA and SofimshC do not match

Sofistik 2022-3
The 3D mesh is created by SofimshA EXTR SAR method. The SAR is a pure geometry, not a 2D mesh.

+PROG SofimshA
HEAD
SYST REST
GRP 31
BRIC PROP MNO 11
EXTR TYPE FROM TO PATH V1 V2 V3 DIV
SAR SAR 1 DIR 0 0 11.7 18

The 2D mesh is created by SofimshC automatic method.

Hi,

I’m not sure what you’re extruding, but I don’t think that the green and blue elements are connected properly (DIV?)…maybe you could provide the files to see what is causing this behavior.

Cheers, Adrian

I use SofismshC (mesh option: AUTO) to generate 1D and 2D members then I extrudes an extra 2D SAR into 3D volume by using EXTR in SofimshA.

The resulting 3D mesh doesn’t match 2D mesh.

Here is the model package. Please remove “.dat” and unzip it, run “1.dat”
1.zip.dat (120.0 KB)

Hi Freund,

Any findings?

Hi,

I’m sorry but your model is too big…can’t help here.

Maybe you create a small example file to check the relevant code there…

Regards, Adrian

Hi,

I simplified the model, so SofimshC only contains 2 SARs
SAR in GRP 13 is a 2D memeber, while SAR 1 will be extruded into 3D mesh in SofimshA.

The 2D mesh created by SofimshC and 3D mesh created by SofimshA do not match.

Here is the model package. Please remove “.dat” and unzip it, run “1.dat”
1.zip.dat (1.8 KB)

I think, this could not work in this way.

In the first step meshing of all SARs is done in SofiMshC. In a second step one SAR is extruded to BRICs. But in the second step the mesh of SAR 1001 is already fixed and SofiMshA is not able to change this.

Maybe you can mesh the QUAD elementes in SofiMshA, atleast for those areas which overlap the BRICs.

Alternatively, I would think about the modelling: What is the task of the thin steel plate within the thick concrete wall? Is my model appropriate for the expected loads? Do I need BRICs or can I do it with QUADs only?

Regards
gmay