Individual Dead Load

Hi all,

Is it possible within Teddy to create two (or more) dead load loadcases using the Facd variable that can be applied to specific elements only. I want to use Facd to avoid having to calculate the weights. The end goal is to allow different factors to be applied to different materials in Maxima.

I think this may be achievable using CSM but I would like to avoid that if there is an easy way to achieve this in Teddy.

Example of what I am trying to achieve. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello

You can use the GRP comand in ASE. Just define 2 Groups in SOFiPLUS(-X) or SOFiMSHC, one for all of the steel elements and one for all of the concrete elements. Now you can deactivate the dead load for one of the groups. Make sure you run two ASE runs with different settings.

+prog ase
head

grp 1 yes facd 1
grp 2 yes facd 0

lc 1

end 

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hello,
I am doing something similar with some elements. I want only the dead load from some of them and I am comparing two different ways to write the code.
I expected from the first one to consider all the elements

From the second one only the dl of groups 10 40 60 70

If I print the report I have the same RZ reaction… but should be different. What is wrong?

I have achieved it like below.

Applying one deadload value to group 1,2,3 and a second deadload value to group 4.
#Gconc and #t are my loadvalue for concrete and thickness of my slab.
Maybe this is a way to go.