Get Punching-shear(Durchstanznachweise) results into python interface

Hello guys,
As part of an use case development, I need to get punching shear results from sofistik to Python interface.
So that I can use the results in another software to automate an analysis process.

I am a noob when it comes to SSD. My colleagues showed me that I can get punching-shear results from a report like shown in the below image. From there I have to copy them manually to an Excel file.
But, it is very tedious and involves a lot of manual labor.

It would be easy to automate my work if I were able to get that information into Python.

Is there any way to get the entire table into Python? or somehow calculate using information from CDB results?

@Nora @asiloisad

Thanks in advance for your help!!

@sfr @JFH
Can anyone please help me!!

• Either you check the cdb itself if the information is enough, you are looking for record 260/DC and Quad_NRP. Check the info with the cdb viewer:

However accessing this will involve learning how to access the cdb via cadinp or python
    → start by looking at tutorials: CDB Interfaces 2023

• The other is to check the generated files:
    There should be a text file with the suffix .erg that is generated.
    If the information in that file is good enough you can read it with python.
    In that case insert (in teddy):
    +Sys del $(project).erg before your punching check
    and
    +Sys copy $(project).erg mylist.txt after
    That way you only have the bemess report in the text file.

Since you mention yourself that you are new to ssd/sofistik, I would probably go for option 2 (unless you can take the time to learn cdb-access).

1 Like

Thank you so much @sfr
That helped a lot. I did able to get the information from CDB using python information

However, I couldn’t figure it out ‘How to get the column(Stütze) information and the Type (W, L,LF…)’.
Is there a way to get directly or any logic to be followed to fetch the column dimensions and type.

Could you please help me!!

I’m not sure about the type, but the column dimension is an input → the information already exists in the input file in some form.

If it isn’t in the cdb (I can’t see it) and you can’t get it from the input file, you’ll have to copy it from the report.

1 Like