Coupling of several structural lines

Hello, I am quite new to modelling in Sofistik and I hope my question is not too simple for this forum.

My problem is the following: I would like to couple several structural lines (in orange and blue in the picture, line 1-5) with always the same, longer one (in red, line 6). The four red lines I defined as structural lines to then model my floor slab (with sar). The orange and blue lines define horizontal beams at the edge of the floor slab. I modelled the beams with a loop to be able to vary the number of the beams and the length of the outer beams (orange lines). It looks like this:
Teddy_Help

I then tried to couple lines 1-5 with line 6 using slns in the loop, but it is not working because when coupling line 2, line 6 was already coupled with line 1 and I get the warning that the structural line has a coupling reference to itself. I also tried some other options like coupling the structural area to lines 1-5 but it did not work either.

Hence, my question is, if there is any possibility to couple a longer line (like line 6) with several shorter ones (like lines 1-5)? Or if there is any other possibility I could couple my floor slab to the beams?

I’m thankful for any tips and hints!

“For a better understanding: the horizontal beams should be coupled to the floor slabs on each side of the slab”
Structure

Hello,

Assuming the remaining red lines are 7,8,9.

• If the beam sln:s (1-5) are in the exact same location as the sar edge (6):
    Skip defining the sar edge separately and then trying to attach it to beams.
    Instead define the sar using the existing sln:s, e.g. 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9
  • If there is an eccentricity between 1-5 and 6:
    Define 6 in “parts” with the same length as 1-5, e.g. splitting 6 into 11-15:
    couple 11 to 1, 12 to 2, etc

Aside from sofistik not accepting coupling the line 6 several times, you also don’t want to couple lines along different lengths (in your case).
Unless I’m mistaken your first coupling locks the entire length of line 6 to the much shorter line 1 (which you probably don’t want)

Hello, thank you very much for your help!