Column design for walls

Dear SOFiSTiK forum members!

I am trying to test and validate the design of walls with the task “Column design”. For walls I want to turn off the minimum reinforcement according to EN 1992-1-1 9.5.2 (2) and use 9.6.2 (1) instead. In program column there is an option CTRL WALL, but that seems not to work. Is the only option for me to change the en200x.ini file or is there other options. I would prefer not changing the en200x.ini file.

EDIT:
In en200x.ini file the minimum reinforcement requirement for walls is correct, but I cant seem to find a way to tell Sofistik that a selected element should be designed according to that

Best regards
Martin

Hi Martin,

if you use a standard cross section of type “wall” for the column, the minimum reinforcement for walls according 9.6.2(1) will be used.

Best regards,
Nora

Hi, Nora!

Thank you! Could you also tell me how to define the cross sections as a wall in CADINP. I used SREC to define the cross sections, but couldn’t find a way to make it a wall

Best regards
Martin

Dear SOFiSTiK forum members!

Could anyone please answer my previous question - how to define the cross section as a wall in CADINP?

With best regards
Martin

This could work:

SREC no 111 h 40[cm] b - TITL ‘wall-type (b=1m)’ rtyp cu $ btyp u and wall : no steel on the shorter/transversal sides
SREC no 112 h 40[cm] b 50[cm] TITL 'column-type ’ rtyp cu
SREC no 113 h 40[cm] b 100[cm] TITL 'column-type ’ rtyp cu $ btyp u and column: steel on the shorter/transversal sides

Thank you, ragl!

I tried your suggestion and indeed the type of cross section depends whether you explicitly give width B a dimension or not.

With best regards
Martin