Center of gravity hybrid section DECREATOR

Hello,

I’m dealing with a hybrid-type-model (beam + quad elements), and I’ve realized that you can’t get forces in the center of gravity of the hybrid section without defining a section in AQUA. Defining the integrated section in AQUA is not convinient when you have a variable section in the beam, so are you working in this issue? will it be implemented in the near future? Is working with SIR (and CTRL AQUA 1 + CTRL AQBS 1) the only workaround now?

Thanks and regards,

Gonzalo

Hello

There are two methods to determine the internal forces at the centre of gravity.

1. As you have already mentioned: SIR and CTRL AQUA 1 for automatic generation of the cross-section
  2. Defining the totalcross-section in AQUA and calculation the inner forces with the modul DECREATOR. Variable cross-sections are also possible if you define a start and end cross-section with the command dsln ncs ... ncs2 ...

Apart from that you can generate the cross-section with the modul SIR and then use this cross-section with the DECREATOR. Apart from that, I could not find any other possible solution.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Thank you, JFG. It takes a bit of work if you want to use only DECREATOR.

Kind regards,

Gonzalo