Traffic loader different errors

Hello,

I have question here.

The traffic loader always gives me an error or warning but I don’t know how to fix them and also I don’t know why the error is changed between the different screenshots attached here, although I didn’t change something in the model

So please guide me

Thank you

Hello

This looks strange. The first error implies that there is a flaw in the FE-System. So I would check if you have any elements (e.g. double defined couplings or springs) that could be causing a problem. Therefore try to simplify the system until you can run the tasks flawlessly.

Apart from that I can’t give you a clear solution. Do you work with the educational license or do you have a normal license? In the second case you should create a support ticket via the support assistant.

SOFiSTiK Application Manager > Support Assistent > …

If you are a student you can post your simplified project files here in the forum. Perhaps I find a solution.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Bridge 15-16.sofistik (248.6 KB)
Bridge 15-16.dwg (421.1 KB)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply

Yes I am student and i have student license. Here are the files if you please have a look.

But also please I was asking in the forum about 2 questions, so i will mention them to you may be you will be able to check them [1-I defined a variable for changing the web width but when uploading to Sofistik the web width doesn’t change.// 2-I working on existing bridge so i will not be able to use “According stresses” during defining the prestressing and i read this part in the tendon manual but i still didn’t know what is the units of the entry that required from me in “Manual definition” & and also from where I can get theses data ?]

For these 2 questions if you want me to go and reply to you in their window just tell me.

Thank you

I only get the warning from your second screenshot (no local minimum…).
This warning results due to the fact, that in some cases the influence line does not have a minimum or a maximum.
→ The influence line is horizontal and its derivation is not a real number (or not usable numerically)
→ no maximum or minimum.
So the algorithm behind ella is numerical not able to determine the unfavourable position of the load. The result is that the load is positioned at one of these locations and warning 86 is issued.

In most cases this warning is not relevant for the calculation of the internal forces.
In the cases I know of, the warning was only an indication of such behavior and could always be ignored.

However, I recommend checking the warnings, the corresponding influence line and the resulting internal forces for abnormalities

1 Like

Thank you for your reply

I will ignore this error and also i will look to results as you recommended

But concerning the last Screenshot, This error appears to me when i press at traffic loader before making linear analysis. So can you please tell me how to get rid of it?? or it is my fault to apply traffic loader before linear analysis??

Thank you

yes, firstly you need run ase module to create stiffness matrix (you can apply some settings, like grp or grp2), then run ella module.

1 Like