Tendons in grasshopper - LC not calculating

Hello,

I am trying to put the tendons in the system. Everything seem to be working except the calculation of the loadcase of the tendons, I have this warning: “No loads defined for LC 11 or all loads in equilibrium”. In Wingraf, no loads are applied in LC 11.

You can find attached the Teddies generated by grasshopper.

SOFIMSHC_OPT.dat (2.3 KB)
AQUA_OPT.dat (490 Bytes)
ASE_OPT.dat (61 Bytes)
PT_OPT.dat (2.7 KB)
SOFILOAD_OPT.dat (168 Bytes)

P.S. The LC 11 (assigned for the TEND) is only defined in the definition of the tendons but not in SOFiLOAD. Also, I am working in Grasshopper, but I am controling the outputs in TEDDY.

P.S: LC 1 and LC 20 are respectively Weight load (FACD 1) and vertical uniformily distributed loads.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Christel

Hello Christel

It seems like the program TENDON has an internal accuracy of 10e-3. Since your Rhino curve is parametrised with [0,1], you will find intersection points that are so close together that they are below this accuracy. At the moment, the parametrisation should be as long as the arc length [0,30].

So you should try to increase the parametrisation.

As a quick hint, the new version of TENDON (SOFiSTiK 2022) should handle this accuracy.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hello,
Thank you for your support. I will try to change the parametrisation and adapt the code if necessary.
As I was trying to fix the problem, I discovered that another way of trying to solve is to link a SLN to Ax in TendonGeometry instead of a Crv, and that will change the way the axis is generated: BEFORE:

AFTER:

I don’t know if this is a good solid way of solving the issue, so I will try your method.

Thank you !

Best,
Christel S