i want to use sofistik but i dont have autocad installed to my computer .Is it necessary for sofistik to work to have a preinstalled product from autodesk ?
AutoCAD is not required for the work with SOFiSTiK.
The modelling of the system can be done with different drawing programs.
- AutoCAD with the SOFiPLUS user interface
- SOFiPLUS-X: Stand-alone program with basic AutoCAD features and the SOFiPLUS user interface, but no AutoCAD licence is required.
- Revit with the SOFiSTiK Analysis + Design for Revit add-on
- Rhino with the SOFiSTiK Rhinoceros Interfaces
- System generation via text input (TEDDY)
All of the listed programs or add-ons can be downloaded via the SOFiSTiK Application Manager.
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team