Sofistik in comparison to Robot, RFEM, Scia etc

Does anyone have experience with other structural analysis software in addition to Sofistik… for example with Autodesk Robot, Dlubal Rfem or Scia Engineer? What are the main advantages of Sofistik compared to the competition in the context of precats & cast-in place concrete design of buildings?
I have been using Robot for 15-years (for steel and concrete design) but I am not very happy with Autodesk, because they treat Robot as a finished product and for years there have been no updates or new features. I am looking for a replacement for Robot and Sofistik seems like a viable alternative, but so do for example Rfem and Scia.

Hello, thanks for the query.
When talking precast + cast-in-place (also pre-stressing involved?) we are quickly into “composite action”, “time dependent effects”, “material mix” and that all requires real and not simulated construction staging.
Here is where we as SOFiSTiK set a big difference as this is properly done in our construction stage manager, something you will not find in SCIA or RFEM.
On top we have the by far strongest workflow when it comes to modelling and BIM. REVIT is our preferred platform for some years now, Autocad is working as well. For both we provie tools where SCIA and RFEM are not coming near.
Design code checking is a standard thing, earthquake as well.
Are bridges also of interest for you?

1 Like

I have some experience in Sap2000/CSiBridge, Midas Civil/Gen, Autodesk Robot, Dlubal Rfem, Scia Engineer, GT Strudl, Lusas, Larsa 4D and Sofistik.

Advantages: most feature-rich, most powerful in modelling and analysis

Disadvantage: learning curve is steep and long, the English user manual seems to be machine translation from German, not from native English speaker.

1 Like