Reinforcement bars in sections using grasshopper

Hello,
I need to put reinforcement bars in my section, using the SOFiSTiK plugin in Grasshopper. Can anyone help me on how to do it ?

Thank you

Best,
Christel

Hello Christel

Have you seen our Rhino / Grasshopper online tutorials?
https://www.sofistik.de/documentation/2020/en/rhino_interface/grasshopper/index.html

These tutorials explain the general modelling features.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hello, thank you for your response. Yes, I saw the tutorials, therefore, I need the equivalent of LRF, reinforcement with passive steel and not only tendons, did I miss it in one of the tutorials ?

Best regards,

Christel

You have various options for defining cross-section in Rhino/Grasshopper.

• section from brep
  • section from a cdb ( → SOFiPLUS(-X))
  • setion definition in JSON format

At the moment I don’t know how you defined the cross-section.

If you are defining the cross section with SOFiPLUS(-X), you can use the standard commands of SOFiPLUS(-X).
For detailed description of a parametrized bridge workflow in Revit/Grasshopper/SOFiSTiK/SOFiPLUS please have a look at this free webinar.

If you are defining the cross section in the JSON format, you can use the commands

https://www.sofistik.de/documentation/2020/en/rhino_interface/grasshopper/sectionJson/sectionJson_reference.html#linereinforcement

If you are using the command ‘section from brep’, it is not possible to include a line reinforcement. This command only creates the boundaries of a section.

Good morning,
Thank you for your help ! I will surely watch the webinar.
I also found a way, but I don’t know if it will work well yet in the structure. Therefore, I can already visualize the bars in the section report in SOFiSTiK:

Effectivly, I am creating a section from brep, which seems to be less flexible than a section from JSON file.
Do you think that my way of solving could be a solution as well for my problem ?

Best regards,
Christel S.

This looks like a suitable solution. In order to check the correctness of the cross-section, you could export the section to TEDDY with the AQUA block. Then you could run the section directly within the TEDDY and check the created cross-section with the result viewer.

grafik

Alright, thank you !

I have another thing that is blocking me, and I can’t find my mistake. I will open another topic so that people can access it later on easily.