Python Interface: Material Title

Hello,
I extract Material properties from a Sofistik Database. Looking at the database information, i should be able to read the title with cmat.m_title. But the information is extracted as an array with 17 integers. Which encoding is used to translate these integers into characters?

Thanks

Check out the example in your installation folder:
C:\Program Files\SOFiSTiK\2020\SOFiSTiK 2020\interfaces\examples\python\python_3.x\number2string\number2string.py

Hello sfr,
thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it is not working as expected for me.
Below is my code to get the Material Name with that string buffer.

grafik^

The output is not showing the correct Titles. For some Material numbers there are no characters at all.

Although i can see the correct material title in the database info.
grafik

What am I missing?

In the example exchange lines:
ie.value = py_sof_cdb_get(Index, 12, 1, byref(clc_ctrl), byref(RecLen), 1)
myDLL.sof_lib_ps2cs(byref(cmat.m_rtex), byref(s), sizeof(s))
For:
ie.value = py_sof_cdb_get(Index, 1, 1, byref(cmat), byref(RecLen), 1)
myDLL.sof_lib_ps2cs(byref(cmat.m_title), byref(s), sizeof(s))

You will get some junk, since you are only interested in records with id 0 (=Material title). So include a check for id number

Hey, I still get this weird output, where only one Material title is somewhat useable. For the other materials, I cant get anything reasonable. But the integer array seems to be correct. I dont understand the behavior of the string buffer. Its also not about the cdb. For other cdbs its similar behavior unfortunately. I would be very happy about any ideas what to do

Dear Paul,

please find attached a small example. Let me know if it did help out.
Try to use the function lng2txt(curLong, nrChar), in some cases you need to use nrChar = 2 and in some nrChar = 4.

Other solution would be to use the function sof_lib_ps2cs(). But I think that lng2txt is simpler to use.

P.S. I have renamed the extension of the PY file to DAT because of the upload policy of the forum. When you download it, just revert it back to .PY.
decode_text_from_number_STU.py.dat (5.0 KB)

Kind regards,
Smiljan