Python Interface: access dll via relative path

Hello,
I want to build an R dashboard showing data from a Sofisitk Database. To extract data from the cdb i am using the python Plug-In, which uses some dll called sof_cdb_w_edu-70.dll. I want to run this application on a server an therefore tried to use the DLL with a relative path. Unfortunately I was not able to load the DLL from any other path than the Sofistik installation (C:\Program Files\SOFiSTiK\2020\SOFiSTiK 2020). Are there any other dependencies this dll relies on in the installation folder?

Thanks for your help
Paul

Hello,

I read the cdb mainly via C++ and to get my current programs to run I need:

• sof_cdb_w-70.dll
  • libmmd.dll
  • libifcoremd.dll

There is probably more if you want all the bells and whistles, but the above has been enough for read and write for me.

Someone from Sofistik might want to put together a list of necessary dll files to be copied for stand alone applications. (Read me file in the interfaces folder perhaps)
There use to be a nice little zip file with all the necessary libraries on a ftp-server in the old days.

1 Like

Hello,
I also found the dll dependencies using the Dependencies tool (GitHub - lucasg/Dependencies: A rewrite of the old legacy software "depends.exe" in C# for Windows devs to troubleshoot dll load dependencies issues. dependencies) Unfortunately there are loads of dependencies to windows operating system dlls, but i am trying to run my code on a linux based server (shinyapps.io). Therefore I think I am at a dead end with that idea now. Would you agree?

There used to be a Linux version of sofistik (no graphic interface), when 64-bit was not available on windows yet. I don’t know whether cdb-interfacing is technically constricted to windows nowadays.

Perhaps somebody at sofistik shows you some mercy.