Making CUTS in WinGRAF - gives two different averages

When making cuts in winGRAF manually, it works perfect 90% of the time, and gives me an average value.
But the last 10% it will split it into two values, and it seems completely random when or why it does it.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Yes, that happens, sometimes it helps to switch between cut results in elements/nodes/avergared element values.
Probably program detects some kind of boundary and divide cut. The same behavoiur is when you make a cut of two seperated slabs.

Generally it seems to happen if wingraf thinks the elements/results along the cut are not compatible.

For instance if you try cutting across two sars, where there’s a sudden change in material/thickness (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t)

Principal shear forces don’t average well, whilst averaging the components (vx/vy) works much better. I’m guessing this is due to the fact that the components have the same vector direction, but the principal do not.

I was thinking the same with different SARS, but it still seems to happen randomly even if cutting over different SARS.

Thanks for the answer though!