Interface element - No connected BRIC elements could be detected

I create a cube by extruding quad element

Then I create 2 groups of quad elements on top and bottom of the cube.

But only the interface elements on the top of the cube are created, there is a warning for the the interface elements on the bottom of the cube. So no interface elements are created on the bottom.

+++++ warning no. 2260 in program SM_GENERATE_INTERFACES ; input line: 13
No connected BRIC elements could be detected for region with QREF/QGRP 1.
Note: Tets can only be detected if connected to triangular 2D elements.

AQUA.dat (67 Bytes)
SofimshA.dat (3.5 KB)
SofimshA - Intf.dat (138 Bytes)
SofimshA - Vol.dat (142 Bytes)
Sofistik INTF.dat (101 Bytes)

Hi netsonic,

The QUAD elements with GRP 1 REF 1 are not connected to the BRICs (you can check the nodes in Animator by double cklicking on the elements). I think these QUADs are not needed?

If you use QREF 10 instead, it works:

+PROG SOFIMSHA urs:4
HEAD Mesh
SYST REST

INTF OPT TYPE REFT NO D CP CT
- SPRI QREF -10 0.2 1 1
- SPRI QREF 2 0.2 1 1

END

Best regards, Nora

Hi NWEBER,

Thank you for the input.

The QUAD elements with GRP 1 REF 1 are not connected to the BRICs (you can check the nodes in Animator by double cklicking on the elements)

The node number of GRP 1 REF 1 are not the same as the those on the BRICs, this is also true for GRP 2 REF 2. But interface elements can be created on GRP 2 REF 2.

As you can see, the nodes number of QUAD 1013 in GRP 2 REF2 are not the same as those on the BRIC which is below the QUAD. But the interface element can be created on the QUAD.

Hi netsonic,

this is after the Interface elements have been generated. The QUADs are decoupled from the structure. Please first run the system without INTF and check the nodes in Animator.

Best regards, Nora

1 Like