Impose Selfweight to the Structural Model

Hi, Good day to you :slight_smile:

I wish to inquire on how to impose self-weight to the structural model.

For your information, I have modelled my structural model in Rhino software. However, I was not sure on how to impose the selfweight to my model. (Ps: I was known that if the modelling is done in SofiPlus, the selfweight could be imposed by editting the Load Case Manager in SofiPlus. However, for modelling in Rhino, is there any way to impose the selfweight to the modelled structure?)

And if there is a need to use the Teddy script, I wish to enquire on how to write the script for imposing the selfweight.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Best Regards
Yen

Hey Yen,
Insert a new Teddy Task and copypaste this:
F1 for help for a certain line

+PROG SOFILOAD
HEAD LOADS
LC 1 FACD 1.0 TITL 'SW'
END

+PROG ASE
HEAD LINEAR ANALYSIS
CTRL OPT SOLV 4
LC ALL
END

If it helps … :slight_smile: As mentioned … you can “cheat” and apply/model free loads in Sofiplus, export to SSD and from SSD export to teddy file. Then export model from rhino and copy paste free loads teddy task into SSD :slight_smile:

Thanks @Kirill !
It works! :blush:

May I know the coding “SOLV 4” is it means “Direct Parallel Sparse Solver”? as I just check it from the Sofistik PDF Help.

May I know usually how you all learn the coding? any recommended way? as I’m a newbie using Sofistik. :sweat_smile:

Thank you.

Best Regards
Yen

Thanks @TomazSabec! :blush:

I wish to ask how to export from SSD to teddy file or find the windows as per the image you attached above?

Is it I need to save all tasks as text? However, after that, how should I get the windows as per your image? :sweat_smile:

Save all tasks as text: All the input tasks gets converted to a .dat (teddy file). Doesn’t cover sofiplus input

Tomaz used the database export feature (see picture below). There you can convert what is in the cdb (database) to a corresponding text input. E.g. if you have a sofiplus model this can give you a text version of it.

After that you start working in the text files and start recognizing commands as you go.

1 Like

I see… Thanks @sfr for your sharing! :blush:

If the question is still relevant, I learn (and continue) SOFiSTiK like this:

1. Create a model in SOFIPLUS-X
  2. Export the model to the main SSD module
  3. Export tasks (as described by sfr above)
  4. Examine the resulting code using F1

You can also right-click on a task in the SSD tree and convert it to Teddy task. Be careful here, reverse conversion is not possible