From SOFiPLUS to Revit

Hello! It’s possible to export model from from Revit to SOFiPLUS preprocessor, but sometimes it’s not possible to get ananlytical model for difficult geometry. For example there is just no tool in Revit to make analytic inside Arch wall (like a tunnel) because it might be done only by mass.
Or if I am wrong please tell me the way how to make it.

So is it possible like start to make model in SOFiPLUS for some curved geometry and then import it to Revit , and get this physical model there and continue to work there?

Hello Mr Shatalin

You could try to define two axes in Revit. One along the cross-section of the tunnel at the start and one at the end of the tunnel. Then you have to export these axes to SOFiPLUS(-X) with the command “Statik Link” (SOFiSTiK Bridge + Infrastructure Modeler). Now you can create an area element between those axes (structural elements > area > right-click in the drawing and select “Segment on axis”). In order to achieve the correct results, you have to check the mesh density of the area. A quick test example:

Another way to create a custom shaped analytical model, is by creating a new Revit superstructure family for the SOFiSTiK Bridge + Infrastructure Modeler.

If you want to export structural lines from the SOFiSTiK Database to Revit, you could have a look at the function “Import: SOFiSTiK Model”

If you have any other solutions in your mind, please let me know.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

1 Like