Export Structural Model from Rhino / Grasshopper to Sofistik for Analysis

Hi,

I’m Yen, a current master student who has installed the SOFISTIK educational version.

I wish to inquire on the export of my structure model from Rhino / Grasshopper to SOFISTIK SSD for analysis. For your information, I’ve modelled my structure in Rhino with the aids of Grasshopper script. I wish to export my modelled structure to SOFISTIK for analysis. I have online searched for the ways of exportation, and found out that if not mistaken, there is a need to install the Sofistik / Rhinoceros interface as the link attached ( Rhino grasshopper interface for civil engineers - Sofistik AG ). I guess this is a plugin for Rhinoceros. Kindly correct me if I’m wrong.

However, I noticed that this is for a 30 days trial only. For your information, I am a current Master student who needs to carry out my research dissertation for 7 months. Therefore, I wish to inquire if there are any trial versions which allow a longer period of usage for students.

Or would it have other ways for the exportation from Rhino/Grasshopper to Sofistik?

( For your information, when I opened my Rhino/Grasshopper, there is the message that pop out: "Plug-in file: C:\Program Files\SOFiSTiK\2020\SOFiSTiK Rhinoceros Interface 2020\sofrhino.rhp
The plug-in is designed to run in the latest Rhino 6.0 Service Release. Please download the latest service release from: https://www.rhino3d.com/sr ).

However, the above latest service link is unavailable for accessing. Therefore, I’m not sure whether if it is my Rhino version problem. So far, I’m using Rhino 6 and it is usable, just that cannot link / export to Sofistik. There is no “Sofistik” tab in my Rhino for me to export my done modelled structure.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Best Regards
Ms. Yen

Hello Yen

Welcome to our forum. The licence for the SOFiSTiK Rhinoceros (6 or 7) Interface 2020 should be included within the educational licence. Just download the program with the SOFiSTiK Application Manager (SAM).

In order to solve your second question you could try to check for new Rhino updates.

Rhino > help > Check for updates

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Thanks for your assistance @JFH Frederik Höller :blush: