Dynamic analysis - Record of frequences in a variable

Hi everyone,
I am designing a footbridge under dynamic responses, and I want to know if it is possible to save the eigenfrequencies in a variable or file and import them automatically in the dynamic analysis program, in Teddy text programming
Because right now I’m supposed to run my code and find the frequencies and enter them manually in my dynamic program.

Thank you guys,

Hello

With which dynamic program are you working and why aren’t you using SOFiSTiK?
SOFiSTiK solves a variety of different dynamic tasks. Just have a look into our TEDDY examples.

TEDDY > File > Examples > DYNA

If you really want to extract the eigenvalues out of the database, you can use the @key command. In order to access the eigenvalues you should have a look at the CDBASE. However, this application is very advanced.

TEDDY > Start > Database Tools > CDBASE Help > SOFiSTiK Data > Dynamic Analysis Data > Eigenvalues (@Rec 090/00)

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hello,
Thanks for your reply

Could you please give me more details on this by an exemple?
I read the help, but I really didn’t understand how to extract my eigenvalues and store them in a variable by @key command

Best regards,

This is, as JFH mentioned, the deep end of the pool when it comes to interacting with sofistik.

But the basic steps to get you going is:

1. Check out the examples in your installation folder:
    C:\Program Files\SOFiSTiK\2020\SOFiSTiK 2020\interfaces\examples\cadinp\
  2. Read the cdb interface manual (the cadinp section):
    CDB Interfaces Manual — CDB Interfaces 2020
  3. Try to find the values your after in the cdb by looking at cdbase manual:
  4. Find the actual value in your specific cdb with the cdb viewer:

There is also a brief reference to it in one of Bellmann’s youtube videos (last part):