Difference Sofistik and Revit rebar detailing

Dear,

I need to make reinforcement detailing from 3D to 2D in Revit for my Master thesis. I have some questions…

What is the difference between making reinforcement with Revit and using Sofistik? Couldn’t you make the same detailing by only using Revit? Why do you use Sofistik for Reinforcement detailing?

How can you change the display text of the reinforcement? as example: 21ø10-150 should be shown like 21 @150 ø10, how is it possible to change this in Revit/Sofistik?

Hello @hamza61
well that is a very easy question you ask.
I dare you to:

• generate a 2d profile in the sheet and show me how comfortable it is. --> and keep the info up to date in case you change something to the rebar, at the end we are talking about BIM arn’t we? :slight_smile:
  • in a project where you have identical elements reinforced and annotated, how would you “copy everything” as fast as possible to the second similar element?
  • perhaps you noticed that with area reinforcement of revit you can reinforce anything. it is true! even if the elemnt has 50 meter. would you deliver 50 m rebar long? now tell me how fast you can split them and arrange them in such a manner that you obtain the desired overlapping.
  • tag all the reinforcement with one click and make sure you don’t miss anything
  • hide and tag reinforcement per visibility states - and make sure you don’t miss anything
  • i come again to the first point to increase the level of difficulty: do 2D shapes for the entire plan and keep them up to date with a couple of clicks we can do it in 3 clicks and they will be automatically updated… :wink:
  • after you are done with a plan with more than 100 positions, search position 44.
  • generate comfortably schedules in DOCX format (which are easy to be converted in PDFs)
  • shape code recognition according to British Standard / Eurocode / South African Norm. (soon also self defined shape code)
  • have you ever wonder how you can group rebars? does Revit allows you all the possibility to group and annotate?
  • what do you say about rebar marks? SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Detailing can help you set marks automatically per sheet / per project or per reinforced element
  • rebar layer is important and we know it. check out our functionalities regarding this thing. you can annotate and detail according to the layer.
  • of course you have “out of the box” ready to use families and we have a very comfortable workflow to customize them in case you are not happy with the way they look.

Check our YouTube Channel and our available webinar section.

There is a lot more to say about SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Detailing and the users of it might be the best to answer your question :slight_smile:

Regarding your last question it is a simply Revit question, it is true that the solution to it has nothing to do with SOFiSTiK Reinforcement Detailing. You will have to edit the Tag family and the label inside it. You may rearange, add or delete parameters or sign/symbols in order to achiev the desired result.

I strongly recommend to get in contact with BiMOTiON, it is a subsidiary of SOFiSTiK and they are the experts in Revit AND! SOFiSTiK products, they could help you get the most of both. --> www.bimotion.de

Of course that anytime we are happy to receive feedback on our support email address support[at]sofistik[dot]com in case you have ideas of improvement or something is not working as you expected.

Good luck on your thesis and I am looking forward to hearing from you about your experience with SOFiSTiK Reinfrocement Detailing … or other SOFiSTiK Products
Cheers!