Cross Section Interpolation in Grasshopper

Hello,

I’m working on a Steel Frame project where I need to incorporate haunches in the beams, as shown in the pictures. To achieve this, I created the required cross-sections in Sofiplus and now I’m trying to utilize them in Grasshopper. According to the Command Structural line, the cross-sections need to be named with a dot (.) between two numbers to enable interpolation.

However, I’m encountering difficulties in achieving the desired results. Despite following the naming convention, I’m unable to successfully interpolate the cross-sections. I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions regarding what might be causing this issue.

Thank you.
F1
f2
f3
f4

Hello,
you probably need to add the following text under “user text”

“inte 0”

or perhaps

+prog aqua
kopf
inte 0
ende

in order for it to work

In Teddy at least it is necessary to run an separate aqua module after SOFiMSHC in order for it to interpolate.

Hello, I tried what you said but nothing has changed, the Problem remains the same

Hi Balhus,
the error message you are getting is because sofistik is having issues interpolation between the two sections. I would recommend making a copy of one cross section, then modifying this section to what you need. You can read a little more here:

https://www.sofistik.de/documentation/2022/en/sofiplus/working_with_cse/w_w_cse/interpolation.html

But I think your input in Grasshopper is correct - because sofistik is trying to interpolate! :smile:

Hopefully that points you in the right direction!

Hi! May you post here what you would write in teddy to make the interpolation?

This would be what you write after your SOFiMSHC module to interpolate the cross sections.

A whole example (simple) is below

+prog aqua urs:1
kopf
NORM DIN EN199X-200X
stah 1 s 235
prof 1 IPE 220 mnr 1
prof 2 IPE 360 mnr 1
ende

+prog sofimshc urs:2
kopf System
SYST 3D GDIV 10000 posZ
ECHO voll VOLL