Creating a Json file for a section in Grasshopper

Hello,

I would like to parametrize a concrete column in Grasshopper. In a tutorial i found the HEA profile (see picture attached). However, there are no Json files for concrete columns. Is there any way to create this?

Thanks in advance

Hello,
You have asked your question in the forum and via our support system, has your request been sufficiently answered or do you need further information?

Best regards,
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hi, did you work out how to do this? I’m stuck on the same thing, for a rectangular timber beam

Hello,
I would recommend that you use our online help for creating a json file.
https://www.sofistik.de/documentation/2020/en/rhino_interface/search.html?q=json&check_keywords=yes&area=default
First you can create a json file (write) with an already existing timber cross section and afterwards review the json file (read) to see which informations can be saved in the json file like perimeter.

Best regards,

Hi, how can we create the json file with an already existing cross section? What is this exact input?

If you could help us with that it helps a lot!

Hello,
Here you can have a look at a small example with an IPE 300 from the library.
You only have to define your own recangular cross section instead of the ipe 300.

Best regards,

Hi, how would I go about knowing what the syntax is for a JSON file representing a circular cross section is? I want to create a circular cross section with varying radius? Is there an easy way to find out? Many thanks,

Alfred

Hi Alfred,

It’s probably best to define .dat files. These are quite easy to program in Grasshopper.

I use teddy to define parametric shape (.dat) before.
When I switch to grasshopper, I find it can’t read dat file.
It can only read CDB or json. Which means the dat can’t be used anymore in GH.

Hey,

I’m trying to define cross section with JSON to GH and from GH to Sofistik. Cross section works fine and line reinforcement also but I can’t get perimeter reinforcement to work. I tried the definition with line reinforcement and got it work and then removed it from the script.