Can't open SSD file from Revit

Hallo Everyone

I downloaded Sofistisk and Revit, but I can’t reopen by sofistik model after closing it for the first time.

So, I analyzed my revit model and then exported it to SSD. I worked in the model for some hours and closed the program.

After reopening some days after, I am not able to see my scripts or my ssd model. Please see the following pictures for a further description of the problem.

Hello,

do you have this problem multiple times, or was it a single case?
Have you saved all of your files in the same file directory?

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hello JFH

This problem occur for me everytime, but I have found a way around it and that is open Revit first and then open the model from revit model, instead of opening the model directly.

Which Revit / SOFiSTiK Version are you using and have you installed the latest updates?

Hi JFH

I am using Revit 2020 and Sofistik 2020. I am not sure if there are any newer version available?

Hello Muhanad,

The latest updates can be downloaded with the SOFiSTiK Application Manager (SAM).
I have never heard of a similar problem, so perhaps something went wrong during the program installation.
Have you tried to reinstall the programs?

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hello Muhanad,

With version 2020 of Revit and SOFiSTiK Analysis + Design, all files related to SOFiSTiK calculations (CDB, .sofistik files etc.) are saved in the working directory of Analysis + Design. By default, this working directory is a hidden folder called ".SOFiSTiK" which is placed in the same directory as the Revit file.
You can manually set another working directory of your choice by going to the SOFiSTiK Analysis ribbon > Group Manage > Settings > Project Settings > Tab File Location.
You can at any time access the current working directory of your project by going to SOFiSTiK Analysis ribbon > Group Manage > Folders > Working directory.

I hope this can help you :slightly_smiling_face:

Best Regards,
Noelie Magniere