Can SSD program make custom section?

Hi. I want to input custom section in SSD program. I try make it by Sofiplus(-X). But i want to input custom dimensions such as Moment of Inertia , CG. , Section area. How i can input this?

Hello,

You can create a custom section by inserting a TEDDY Task. There you have to run the program AQUA, where you can define the cross section with the command SVAL (deutsch QUER).

Another way to define custom properties is to draw the cross section within SOFiPLUS(-X) (-> Cross Section Editor) and change some parameter afterwards in a TEDDY Task in the SSD.
You can even reduce the properties by a specific percentage, e.g. moment of inertia * 0,5, with the command SVAL (see chapter 3.27 AQUA manual).

I recommend looking at the AQUA manual. You find the manual in the SSD:

Help > user manuals > all manuals… > aqua

For your cross section I recommend drawing it with the cross section editor in SOFiPLUS(-X). Especially if you want to design a prestressed beam.

Yours sincerely
SOFiSTiK Support Team

1 Like

Thankyou. I’ve never used TEDDY. Do you have TEDDY tutorial video clip to show how to edit cross section?

We have created some examples that sould help you with the start. You can find them within the TEDDY:

File > Examples > aqua > english

We still have two older beginner Videos.
https://www.sofistik.de/infoportal/document/sofistik-editor-teddy
https://www.sofistik.de/infoportal/document/sofistik-editor-teddy-advanced

Thankyou. I try use it.
First. I draw cross section in Spfiplus(-X). then i use teddy to edit parameter. It can work. But my cross section shape is change to circle in sofiplus(-X). How i use defult double T section shape?

If i see cross section graphic in Result. It no cross section.

Well if you modify the cross section (cs) you loose the geometrical information.

Your “SVAL” command overwrites the existing cs number 1.
If you want to modify the cs, you have to add - before the number, e.g.:
SVAL NO -1 …

I think you should start with the correct drawing of the T-Beam within SOFiPLUS.
Therefor I recommend watching the following video:

Thankyou. I start drawing Double T-Beam in this menu is incorrect?

Because i try draw beam with New Solid Section. When i calculate TEDDY Task. The beam is a line (no cross section).

At final i want to view stress at top/bottom fiber in double T-beam cross section.
Like this picture.

How i modify cs and it geometrical is not loose?
I try modify it. But it still loose cs geometrical