Can Sofiplus be sufficient without Teddy!

Hello,

I am a master student in Universität Siegen, I am working on my Thesis (creep and shrinkage in composite beam)

I should make a design of a beam with one span and another with two spans using Sofistik. i should calculate the stresses from selfweight, Ausbaulast, Transport and C+S, afterwards compare them with hand calculations.

as I´ve understood, there are two ways to use Sofistik, either graphically (Sofiplus) or programming (Teddy), is that right !!! can I do my all calculation without using Teddy !!!

I started to work with Sofiplus but reached to a point and coudln´t go further. how can I arrange my construction stages and load cases since I´m working with a simple beam only.

is it right to use the option (thick walled) in the cross section to draw !!!

I´ve read the catalog and watched the Youtube Chanel but I couldn´t make it. Can you please give me the information that could be helpfull.

Best regards,

Hello Taha,
First of all this is an english and german language forum, if you want, you can write your questions also in german.
You can use various tools to model your system with Modul SOFiMSH-C. Besides SOFiPLUS-X there is the possibility to use Revit and Rhino.
In your case I would refer to SOFiPLUS-X.
You can realize a large part of your project by graphical input, but not everything.
You will also have to use the CADINP input (Teddy).
To create the composite cross-section I recommend to use thin-walled elements in your case.

On our homepage we offer in the bridge tutorials among other things also a composite bridge:
https://www.sofistik.de/documentation/2020/en/tutorials/bridge-design/composite-bridge/composite.html

You can find further examples on the subject of composite and creep and shrinkage in our Teddy Library under Teddy - File - Examples - CSM - English/German - csm12_composite_activation.dat or …CSM - cabd - csm10_verbund_cabd.dat
For recalculations we still have a Verification Manual Design. You can find this under SSD/Teddy - Help - Manuals - Verification Manual - e.g. DCE-EN18 with Teddy Example

If you have any further questiions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

1 Like

Thank you for your Reply and your Information!
sorry my English is better than German

I´ve read the Teddy file example and wathed the Videos on your page and I still have Problems.

I´ve drawn my cross-section with thin walls, the defined the beam axis and determine the Actions (Deadload, Additional Deadload, and Verkerhlast), the next tap Load cases I´ve defined (daed load and adl with “None”)
After that I´ve drawn the adl and verkehrlast as a distebuted load on the axis. (in my example I have the Verkehrlast equal 75 Kn/m as a number eithout further Details for that reason I didn´t define it as a Train load or other typ of verkehrlast)

after that I Export my System. Then I still don´t know how to use CSM and add the creep and shrinkage

in which Task should I use Input (TEDDY)!!

sorry I mean “veränderliche Last (Nutzlas)” instead of Verkehlast

Hello,
you add the creep and shinkage inside the csm task.
You can use the csm task inside SSD without using teddy.
Did you look at the project file on the tutorial page and did you do the calculation, you only mentioned that you had watched the video? Maybe you missed it.
You can check the construction stages after calculating the task in the animator.

Best regards,
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

1 Like