Bug report - Conflict between Sofistik Rhino Interface 2022 and Rhino Insider

Rhino Insider is a plug-in for transfering data between Rhino and Revit.

After installing both Sofistik Rhino Interface 2022 and Rhino Insider 1.0, when running the Rhino insider in the Revit 2022, the Revit 2022 will 100% crash.

After disabling Sofistik Rhino Interface 2022 in Rhino, the Rhino insider can be run on the Revit 2022.

Hello

Thank you for your help. I will investigate the program behaviour further and forward it to the responsible developers.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

1 Like

Just a short question. I could not recreate the program crash. I can use the Rhino Inside Revit 1.0 tool in Revit 2022 without problems. Although the SOFiSTiK Rhino Interface 2022 is installed.
Can you briefly describe your approach step by step?
Thank you very much.

Win 10 x64
Sofistik Rhino Interface 2022 v0.0.95
Rhino 7.10
Rhino inside 1.0.7894
Revit 2022.1

If the Sofistik Rhino Interface in enabled in the Rhino → Option → Plugin
When I press “start” under Revit → Rhino inside, Revit will 100% crash.

If the Sofistik Rhino Interface in disabled
Then I can use Rhino inside in the Revit

Ok, I have tried your described workflow, but I still can not recreate the crash.
We think that the SOFiSTiK interface does not interfere with Rhino Inside, but that another plugin is jointly responsible.
Have you tested the crash with other plugins as well?
Or have you tried to reinstall the used programs?

I upgrade to 2022-1, and Rhino 7.10 can’t load Sofistik for Rhino, but Sofistik for Grasshopper works.

I have to manully install C:\Program Files\SOFiSTiK\2022\SOFiSTiK Rhinoceros Interface 2022\sofrhino.rhp in the Rhino.

Rhino.inside fro Revit 2022 miraculously works with Sofistik for Rhino enabled.

Are you installing the SOFiSTiK Rhinoceros Interface 2022 with the SOFiSTiK Application Manager?

Yes, I use SAM.
After upgrade to 2022-1 and manually installed SOFiSTiK Rhinoceros Interface in Rhino,
Now Rhino Inside works in Revit 2022.