Beginner user in Sofistik SSD with AutoCAD Sofiplus (statik)

Hello!

I am new Sofistik SSD user and so I have opened new topic for many beginner questions. :slight_smile:

For first. I want analyze and design wood roof construction (rafter, beam and column). In SSD under design tasks I don’t have task to design wood like RC beam. How it’s that made in Sofistik?

Another question. If i input new RC beam under new profiles in SSD, must Ialways input upper and under reinforcement?

In static model I have RC plate and brick wall above plate. I have inserted plate in Sofiplus under structural area task and wall under wall task. Does the program automatically creates a knuckle on contact plate - wall? Or I must under support manually realese moments?

It’s in SSD any node finder to view some node to check?

In Wingraf report browser is under area element design many tasks for view reinforcement in plate, like under or upper reinforcement, renforcement bending design only,… Wich of these I must see for check reinforcement in normal plate design for bending, punch, and crack?

How I easy find max in min results for normal, shear, moment force under many combinations in Wingraf browser? Must I manually checked in list of them?

Thank you very much for help.

Hi,

I was also surprised there is no more a task for timber design. You make timber design in teddy task. For info I suggest you press F1 for help when in teddy task and the appropriate manual will open. Also you have teddy example in C:\Program Files\SOFiSTiK\2020\SOFiSTiK 2020\aqb.dat\english\aqb1_3_timber_design.

Sofistik is not so user friendly software but once you get used to it, you dont want anything else.

+PROG AQB urs:12.1
HEAD timber design
ECHO val extr $how long report you want
lc 1 type (pt) $which loadcase and the duration
STRE E h

END

Also you should upload ssd and dwg file for other answers.

Thank you about timber design with Sofistik Teddy. I will check it.

About other question I don’t have exact example. Questions are just in general.

Another question. If i input new RC beam under new profiles in SSD, must Ialways input upper and under reinforcement? No, you dont have to.

Does the program automatically creates a knuckle on contact plate - wall? Or I must under support manually realese moments? No. You can assign a hinge to a quad here. Isolate quad and then assign hinge to a single border. Be careful for local coordinate system of a border line.

It’s in SSD any node finder to view some node to check?
You can find node number in ssd in additional and node number.
I suggest using wingraf (graphics) to find a node.

In Wingraf report browser is under area element design many tasks for view reinforcement in plate, like under or upper reinforcement, renforcement bending design only,… Wich of these I must see for check reinforcement in normal plate design for bending, punch, and crack?
I dont understand you.

How I easy find max in min results for normal, shear, moment force under many combinations in Wingraf browser?

Depends on how you make combinations. If you use sofistik enveloping then if you want min N force in a beam and belonging forces then you select LC 2128. You should study enveloping of a Sofistik. Read Maxima manual and check examples in Sofistik folder.

Another question. If i input new RC beam under new profiles in SSD, must Ialways input upper and under reinforcement? No, you dont have to.
How I do that? In SSD or SofiCAD new section input is automatically given entry reinforcement?

In Wingraf report browser is under area element design many tasks for view reinforcement in plate, like under or upper reinforcement, renforcement bending design only,…
I designed RC plate. In Wingraf I want see needed upper and lower reinforcement in plate? Where I see that? Is that under: Design - Quad elements - Reinforcement - upper principal reinforcements (1st laye)?

I want check RC beam and plate element for move in z coordinate (hang). I see that in Wingraf under: Results - nodes - nodal displacement. These calculated displacement are intial or final? I think they are intial?