Teddy - Node generation in arc shape between two reference nodes

Hallo zusammen!

I am trying to generate a node sequence between two reference points NR1 and NR2. By using the commands NR1 and NR2 the created nodes are placed in a straight virtual line connecting both reference points. However I need those nodes to be placed outside this straight line, forming an arc. In other words, I need to transform the virtual straight line between NR1 and NR2 into a virtual arc line, with a pre-defined radius.

Could somebody help me with that? Is that possible at all?

Thanks in advance.

Hau

I’m guessing you are referring to sofimsha code.
In that case (I think) you have to do it manually by calculating the coordinates yourself.
Perhaps you can use the command NODE with spherical coordinates.
There is an example in your installation folder:
C:\Program Files\SOFiSTiK\2020\SOFiSTiK 2020\sofimsha.dat\english\sofimsha9_sphere.dat

You could also switch to sofimshc and use SLNB which gives you an arc right away.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am working on sofimsha.
The situation is that I created two secondary axis with a radius (in sofimsch) following a bridge central axis. So, I need to connect a point from one axis (NR1) to another axis (NR2). So doing it manually is not an option since I am limited by two referential points depending on the radius of a bridge.

I just checked SLNB as you suggested, but with this command I cannot use reference nodes as start and end point.