Regarding storing the system

Hi everyone

I was working on pneumatic structures and doing a looped analysis with external forces.

What I wanted to ask is, when we store a system with STOR YES

does it just store the system deformed state and the stress state or it also saves the forces I have applied to do the previous analysis.

I hope I am fairly clear in explaining my question.

This is what I am basically doing

Thank you

Asking this because I am not really sure if the analysis is just staking up my forces on the structure or doing analysis with just new forces I am applying.

As far as I know:
SYST PLC xxx uses the previous loadcase including stress state (i.e. the forces)

At least that is what the CSM-module does (and it saves the intermediate steps in extra loadcases)

Using SYST PLC xxx STOR YES means that you are updating the geometry (i.e. you are applying forces on a deformed geometry)

So two different subjects.
I recommend you read the manual and test simple example loadings with the different options turned on/off in order to understand your settings.

Hi

Thank you for the suggestion.

I understood the STOR YES option, because while doing the analysis I can see that it stores the stress state and deformation of the geometry. My aim is also to apply the forces on the deformed geometry.

But I was just confused that I am applying the new forces on the deformed geometry but I didn’t know if the STOR YES also stores the external forces on the nodes which were applied before.

If yes, I can just subtract the previous applied load from new load case.

I will try to do it on a simpler case to understand it. But if you know about my this specific doubt, let me know.

Thank you so much

In my opinion: the PLC-offset contains normally only stresses without (!) the correspondendig loads:

Blockquote
The stresses of the primary load case are used with GRP FACL=1. If the loads of the primary load case are applied simultaneously, then (!) the system is in equilibrium and no additional displacements arise (if no changes are made in the system).

Using ECHO LOAD EXTR one can obtain an output of the internally generated loading at every node. This option should be used generally during analyses with primary states, because it is the best means for tracking down errors in the description of the states. The really applied nodal loads (nodal load vectors) can be represented with the program WinGRAF. Further instructions can be found in the description of the record GRP in the TALPA manual or in the examples.

The old loads must be applicated with “LCC xx PLC YES”, new addionally loads with “PLC NEW”. As an ASE-/CSM-instance: “csm4_quad_singlespan.dat”.

Because STOR YES is only important for the nodal coordinates and no other things, this should be there the same. Further from the (ASE2020-manual chapter 3.4)

Blockquote
Caution: All results of the nodal displacements are extinguished during the geometry update. Therefore the data base must be saved absolutely before! With the input STOR=NEW to STOR=NEGZ all other results are extinguished too, because the local directions are twisted. With the input STOR=YES it is possible to use the old stresses via the record GRP, if no beam elements are available. It may be necessary to update existing loads using SOFILOAD LC TYPE REST, especially free loads POIN.LINE,AREA.