Prestressing definition

Screenshot 2022-07-18 004753
Hello,

Can you tell me from where can i get these data in the photo . I tried to find it in sofistik tendon manual but i did not reach something

Hello

The corresponding TEDDY command is PDEF. A detailed comand descibtion can be found in the TENDON manual.

SSD / TEDDY > Help > User Manuals > All Manuals… > TENDON > chapter 3.10.5 PDEF - Prestressing Factors

If you are working with the manual prestressing definition, you have to calculate the prestressing forces by hand. If you are a new user, I would select the option according to the Eurocode → “According Stresses”.

As I told you before, please work through our basic tutorials. The bridge design tutorial explains our recommended workflow for defining the prestress.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Thank you for your reply

But i have seen all your basic tutorial videos that you are sending them to me. But the problem is that i am working on existing bridge which is not as standard and simple as you tutorials. Also, I can’t choose “According Stresses” as i am not designing a new bridge but i am working on one that constructed on 1966 so thats why i was asking about definition of prestressed as i didn’t found in the tendon manual how to calculate the parameters in the screenshot that i attached to the question,

I will try to have a look on the tendon manual again

Thank you

Hello,

I have looked at the manual as I told you but I still have a problem I Prestress definition.

As I am not designing a new bridge so I will not choose “According Stresses”, and in “Manual definition” I don’t know what the unit of the entry is, and also what they represent in comparison to the prestressing material definition. On the other hand, in “In free Prestressing” I don’t know from where I can get these factors.

So please guide me on how to complete the prestressed definition without the “According stress” option.