Load copy yields different results from ELLA

Hi,
I have followed the tutorial from YouTube to copy the load from ELLA in order to be able to visualize load train position.

I used load copy as follows after running module ELLA:
LC NO 50001 TYPE NONE TITL “BK10/60 FELT”
COPY NO 102 FACT - TYPE ELLA REF TRAF CASE 1 NRE 10115

I can visualize the new load case and the load seems consitent with the effect (max MY) for the given element. However, when I compare the load case produced by ELLA (here it is load case 102) and the new load copy (load case 50001), I see that for beam element 10115, the moment MY is different and larger in 50001 than in 102.

There seems to be a factor of approximately 1.20 between the two values.

Shouldn’t the moments be exactly the same for this element?
Based on “hand calcs” the value obtained in the load copy is the correct one. Moreover, when using module MAXIMA, the moment at this beam element is the combination of permanent load cases with the ELLA load case (102), which gives therefore lower moment.

What can explain the discrepancy? At the moment, I feel safer using the load copy function and extract the moment there instead…

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
was there ever a solution?
I have the same question.

Hi,
often the problem is that SOFiLOAD applies loads onto other elements then ELLA, this depends from the boundaries. Then it can be helpful to work with CTRL COPY and/or GRP in SOFiLOAD. Further infos you find in manual.
A better answer is not possible without the system and the problem.

Best regrads,
Jost