How to obtain the soil interface's stresses - Talpa Module

Hi,

For TBM analysis, I’m using the Talpa module. For the soil-tunnel interaction, a rigid frictional interface has been considered. Furthermore, after the analysis, I am unable to extract the interface stresses and how does the interface gap (D) impact the interface’s stiffness?

Thanks in advance.

Hello

the theoretical background of the rigid frictional interface elements can be found within the SOFiMSHC and TALPA manual.

SSD / TEDDY > Help > User Manuals > All Manuals… > sofimshc > 5.10.4 Interface-elements
SSD / TEDDY > Help > User Manuals > All Manuals… > talpa > 2.3.3 Rigid Frictional Interface Element

The possible results for the implicit hinge can be found in the report of the following TEDDY example:

TEDDY > File > Examples > talpa > tunnel > tunnel-embedded.dat

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Hi,

please could someone advise me or direct me to have tutorials on tunnels design with sofistik? i am dealing this and i had never used sofistik.
Thanks

Hello Adama

If you have never used SOFiSTiK before, I recommend that you first familiarize yourself with the general basics of the software. That’s why we created a beginner’s guide on YouTube.

Apart from that, you can check out our infocenter where we collect all our tutorials.

For more information, see my colleague’s website.

Specific informations on a SOFiSTiK modul can be found directly within the TEDDY.

TEDDY > File > Examples > …

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team