Grasshopper Structural Desktop Workflow

Hello Everyone!

I am currently using Sofistik’s Grasshopper plug-in to produce structural models at work. The problem is that I am the only person in my office who is proficient with Rhino/Grasshopper and if others need to work with my models or change them in the future, then they only have access to the teddy file being generated by the grasshopper components. Most of the other people I am working with generally use the Sofistik Structural Desktop workflow with SOFIPLUS, so it is difficult for them to work purely with a teddy file.

Does anyone know an efficient way to convert the teddy file I generate from Sofistik/Grasshopper to a SSD file that my coworkers could work with? Or does anyone know a way to convert the structural elements I am generating with Grasshopper to structural elements that can be used with SOFIPLUS? I have not yet been able to figure out a good way to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Grant

Hello. If I’m not mistaken, SOFIPLUS has no postback from SSD or Teddy.
Once upon a time I had to use SOFIPLUS and place 948 supports. Since SOFIPLUS accepts AutoCAD commands, I just asked my program to generate a script to place these supports in the form of AutoCAD blocks. Of course the blocks can be rotated and scaled. Then the blocks must be exploded and they become ordinary SOFIPLUS objects.
Perhaps this is not exactly what you are looking for, but I hope this helps somehow.

Hi,

if I am not wrong it is possible to open(import) cdb that you have generate with Grasshopper with SOFIPLUS and to work with it