Export loads created from self weight

Hello,

Is it possible to export the loads created from a LC with DLX, DLY or DLZ to another LC? In order to use this new load case in a LCC in ASE, for example.

(I’m importing combinations of load cases from MAXIMA, so if I have several inertial forces, then I can’t perform a load case with all of them)

Thanks and regards,

Gonzalo

Hello Gonzalo

A load case with dead load can be copied into another LC with SOFiPLUS without any problems.

PROG SOFiLOAD
HEAD
LC 1 TYPE NONE FACD 1
LC 2 TYPE NONE
COPY 1
END

In ASE the copied loadcases should not include dead weight factors. They should be input in ASE LC DLX, DLY, DLZ (see ASE manual chapter 3.29 LCC - Copy of Loads).

Perhaps in your case it makes more sense to work with the CSM?
Have you tried the program already?

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Yes, but if I do this:

+PROG SOFILOAD

LC 11 FACD 1 TYPE NONE
LC 12 DLX 1 TYPE NONE
LC 13 DLY 1 TYPE NONE

LC 21 TYPE NONE
COPY 11

LC 22 TYPE NONE
COPY 12

LC 23 TYPE NONE
COPY 13

END

Then, when I run this ASE:

+PROG ASE 

LC 20
LCC 21,22,23

END

The program fails.

As you say, it can’t be copied load cases with dead weight factors. That’s why I’m looking for copying those loads without the factors.

I know that, in this trivial example, I could type:

LC 20 FACD 1 DLX 1 DLY 1

But if I have a MAXIMA that includes several load cases with dead weight factors, and I want to extract the worst load case and run a non linear analysis with it, I won’t be able to do it because I’d be copying some forbidden load cases.

I don’t know if CSM could help me, because I don’t master its capabilities.

Thanks and regards,
Gonzalo

For a non-linear analysis you should combine the load cases manually with sofiload or ase.
MAXIMA is not suited for a non-linear (Th. II. order) analysis.
Please look at the following TEDDY example to understand the general workflow:

TEDDY > File > Examples > ASE > english > nonlinear_beam > e.g. aseaqb_6_precast_column.dat

Best regards
Frederik Höller

Hello @JFH:

Thanks for your advise, but I’m bearing in mind that MAXIMA is not suited for a non-linear analysis. I’m using the critical load case export approach explained in:

TEDDY > File > Examples > MAXIMA > english > maxima2.dat

When I have the critical load case, I can’t run a non linear analysis because it includes several loads with dead weight factors.

Kind regards,
Gonzalo

As I already wrote, the program MAXIMA should not be used for a non-linear analysis.
Please combine the loads with sofiload or ase.
E.G. ASE:

LF 113 EGY 1.35 BEZ ‘ASE_TH2_SCHI’
LC 1 1.35 ; 2 1.35 ; 3 1.5

Best regards
Frederik Höller

I think I have not explained well. No matter what I want to do with the exported load case, the point is that I can not export it due to the loads with dead weight.

So, I wonder if there is a way to transform those “atutomatic dead weight loads” into conventional loads.

Thanks and regards,
Gonzalo