ELLA - variable load definition

Hi,

I am wondering if it’s possible to model variable live load as depicted below to analyze it in ELLA?

Thank you in advance!

Hello

The possible predefined loadtrains are described within the ELLA (or SOFiLOAD) manual.

SSD / TEDDY > Help > User Manuals > All Manuals… > ELLA > chapter 3.17 TRAI - Load Train Definition

SSD / TEDDY > Help > User Manuals > All Manuals… > SOFiLOAD > chapter 5 Train Loading

If you want to understand the basics of train loading, check out our online bridge design tutorial.

Best regards
Frederik Höller
Your SOFiSTiK Support Team

Thanks Frederik, but I am familiared with SOFiSTiK documentation. That’s why I am asking here more advanced users than me :). My question was straightforward, if my case is possible to model, not any other available in ELLA module :slight_smile:

Would be nice to get feedback.

Well if you open the documentation, you will find the TRPL and TRBL commands which you can use to create custom load trains. So it is up to you to implement the shown live load.
If I misunderstood your question, please describe your problem in detail :wink: .

Mainly I am fighting with variable length of the depicted above loads, without this assumption it’s a piece of cake :slight_smile: